FIGZ 2018

FIGZ 2018

Wednesday 26 September 2018

DBA Roman camp

After the Roman watchtower (https://flowersinyourcannons.blogspot.com/2018/05/wip-roman-watchtower.html), here comes my second camp for my DBA Roman armies. It is also intended to be a first piece of a modular Roman fort. Never used a BUA in my battles: I need one.

Below, how I built it, step by step.

9x9cm base of balsa wood, a piece of insulation foam carved 
to the purpose. The front wall made with a ball pen.


cotton candy stick for the palisade

 coffee wood stir stick used for the terrace




 oil colors used for painting the palisade, as they better penetrate
the wood. Then dry brush with acrylics (ochre first, then bone white).
Wood filler mixed with sand for the soil, also dry-brushed
with bone white.


A touch of static grass. Game over.

Now painting few Roman auxiliaries to bring a bit of action
to this mini-dio.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Napoleonic French line infantry: new unit

A new squadron of line infantry for my French grande armée, including units of voltigeurs and grenadiers. ...