FIGZ 2018

FIGZ 2018

Thursday 29 October 2015

Marian Roman - DBA II/49

Today victory had been with enemy, if they had had a victor in command (Plutarch, Life of Caesar, 39, 8)

Six years ago, when I lived in Beijing, I bought two boxes of Italeri republican Romans (infantry and cavalry) in a small hobby shop in Andingmen Nei Dajie. I didn't know what to do with them at that time. They slept three years on a shelf, untouched, and then travelled the whole way from China to Germany. Two years later, I started playing DBA 2.2. They have obviously been my first DBA army: II/49 Marian Roman. Strelets Roman velites and slingers joined in and complete the army. Soon (relatively soon) new figures will be added to align the army composition to DBA 3.0.


General (1x 3Cv)

General (1x 4Bd)

Cavalry (1x 3Cv)

Light cavalry (1x LH)

Legionaries (8x 4Bd)

Velites (1x 4Aux)

Slingers (2x Ps)

3 comments:

  1. Great painted Roman army!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent job on these Romans, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I felt a bit alone lately with this hobby. It is good to see there is a community out there I can share my works with!

    ReplyDelete

Napoleonic French line infantry: new unit

A new squadron of line infantry for my French grande armée, including units of voltigeurs and grenadiers. ...